Resale Shop Donations
Thanks to our supporters, donors and customers, we are a top choice in resale stores! Our boutique-style layout, high-quality merchandise, great prices, and friendly staff add up to an extraordinary shopping experience. We rely on donations from individuals and local businesses. We are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. That means all of our proceeds go to support our work in the community. All of it.
For Individual Donors
Down-sizing? Clutter taking over your closet? Whatever the reason, donate what you no longer need or use. We’ll find a new home for your well-loved things!
We welcome overstocks from retailers! You get a tax deduction; we get great new merchandise. Please contact Jessica Means, Manager at The Resale Shop.
General guidelines for donations:
- We accept items for men, women, and children.
- If you would loan it to a friend, we can use it! Worn is ok, but if an item is soiled, damaged, has an odor or is missing buttons, we can’t sell or value it.
- We cannot accept old TVs or computer equipment, cribs, or car seats.
What we need:
- Clothes and shoes that are new or gently worn, accessories, handbags, jewelry, and housewares.
- Small furniture. If it fits in a car, we can take it!
What you’ll get:
- A receipt for tax purposes. Use our pricing guide on the back of the receipt, or request a valuation letter (mailed quarterly). We give a fair market value per IRS guidelines. That means if something is not saleable due to its condition, we cannot give it a value.
- Help unloading your car. Just pull up to our donation door at the south end of the building!
- The satisfaction of supporting women, children, and families in your community through NCJW’s work in St. Louis.
Our Wish List:
What would we love? Well, we love what our customers love. Name-brand, designer duds in good condition. Estate jewelry. Good handbags. Items with the tags still on. And, we’d also love to know anyone you know in the retail business. Tell them to contact Jessica!